I love Poke cakes. There are so many different varieties to try out. I was in the mood for something chocolate but also something fruity. Couldn’t decide which to make. I’ve done white cake with cherry Jello, white cake with orange jello, chocolate cake with chocolate pudding… So I thought, why not chocolate and cherry together?? This what I came up with…
- 1 Devil’s Food Cake box mix – including ingredients
- 1 large box cherry gelatin – including water to make it
- 1 or 2 large cans cherry pie filling, depending on how much cherry you want
- 1 container thawed frozen whipped topping
Like any Poke Cake recipe mix the batter to the cake mix according to the directions on the box.
Once it is smooth, pour into a greased 9×13 cake pan and bake according to the baking time on the box.
I check mine frequently because it usually finishes before the time it says. Must be my oven!?
Sorry – forgot to take a pic!!!!! 😫
Next, take the back of a wooden spoon or use a knife or a fork and poke holes throughout the entire cake.
I must have had something against cherry gelatin because again – no pic!!
Carefully spoon cherry pie filling over the top of the entire cake. I used one can on this cake. Two cans are great for some more tartness and cherry flavor !
Place in refrigerator for 45 min – hour or so to set.
Top cherry pie filling with your tub of whipped topping!
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake mix and ingredients on box
- 1 small box Cherry Gelatin and water according to instructions on box
- 1 large can Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 container Frozen Whipped Topping
- Bake cake according to directions on the box
- Once cake has cooled, poke holes throughout the entire cake using the back of a wooden spoon - a fork or knife will work as well
- Make cherry gelatin according to directions on box
- Pour all of the cherry gelatin mixture over top the entire cake, filling in the holes
- Using the entire can of cherry pie filling, spoon over entire cake
- Place in refrigerator for 45 min - hour until set
- Spread tub of frozen whipped topping on top of cherries